Homeowners/Farm & Ranch/Mobile Home
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners/Farm & Ranch/Mobile Home Quote Forms
Homeowners/Farm & Ranch/Mobile Home Quote
Homeowners/Farm & Ranch/Mobile Home Information
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Farm & Ranch Insurance
While farms need the standard types of insurance policies that other businesses need, such as property insurance and general liability coverage, they also need insurance that is specifically related to the business they run.
Some farms make all or most of their profits through the crops that they grow. When a disaster, such as a tornado, wildfire or flood strikes and the crops they depend on are devastated, crop insurance can reimburse them for the losses they face. Before buying crop insurance, it's vital that farmers submit an accurate representation of the planted acreage they have per unit. Should they underreport, they may not be reimbursed for all losses they could realistically experience.
Livestock insurance is a multifaceted type of coverage with several different policy options. For example, farm owners can buy coverage for specific activities such as their livestock's transit or for auction market coverage; they may buy coverage for specific animals such as poultry coverage or pasture and dairy cattle coverage; or they may buy mortality insurance for animals with an especially high value to the farm such as a stud.
Farm Equipment Insurance
It takes a lot of specialized equipment to run a farm. From tractors to irrigation equipment, trailers to combines, these complicated expensive machines are fundamental to a farm’s ability to operate properly, efficiently and successfully. Equipment insurance for the vehicles and machines on the farm will allow for reimbursement for certain losses and damages and can help keep you operational.
Workers Compensation Insurance
Farms that employ people should also look at workers compensation coverage. Without this protection, they will be responsible for paying the medical expenses and lost wages of employees who are injured at work.
Mobile Home Insurance
What is mobile home insurance?
As with any structure called home, mobile homes can and should be insured to protect your finances from various risks. Purchasing a mobile home is an investment that would not be easy to replace if a disaster hit. The right mobile home insurance policy offers protection for your home, possessions and finances.
What are the benefits of mobile home insurance?
Like homeowners insurance, mobile home insurance offers a variety of coverages. Some of the most common coverages include the following:
- Dwelling: Covers the physical structure of your mobile home from a variety of disasters such as fire and theft.
- Contents: Covers your furniture, kitchen appliances, clothing, electronics and other belongings. You may need extended coverage for valuables like jewelry and antiques.
- Liability: Covers you if an accident on your property causes injury or property damage. This includes medical and legal expenses.
- Trip collision: Covers your mobile home while it is in transit.
Get started today!
Protecting your mobile home is as simple as calling our agency for a free quote. We can help find a policy with the right coverages for your needs, as well as answer any questions you may have.
We do the work for you, so you can rest knowing your home is protected.
Got questions about auto insurance? Call us today at (855) 935-1233.