Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Texas Commercial Auto Insurance
Businesses or individuals might use vehicles in the course of operations. Those that do likely need commercial auto insurance. It protects businesses, their drivers and others if unfortunate car accidents occur. Agencies offering coverage can benefit by providing multiple policy choices to their consumers.
Agents eager to improve their commercial auto insurance portfolio can turn to Quantum Alliance. We're here to help you design the policy packages that will let their business thrive.
Why Commercial Auto Insurance?
Nearly all Texas drivers need auto insurance, as required by law. More specifically, business drivers and vehicles probably need commercial auto coverage. That is because most standard auto policies will not cover vehicles used for business, even personal cars.
Who Needs Commercial Auto Policies?
Commercial drivers might include:
- Sales Representatives
- Delivery Drivers
- Rideshare Operators
Basically, if someone performs essential work duties behind the wheel, then they will likely need commercial auto coverage. The vehicles that might qualify for policies include:
- Vehicles officially owned by the business, including trucks and dump trucks
- Personal vehicles used in the course of official duties
- Vehicles provided by the business to employees to use on their own
What Coverage Do Policies Offer?
Commercial auto policies will account for the financial risks of the business, not just those of the individual driver. Policies' coverage options might include:
- Liability Coverage: This insurance will pay for the personal damage a driver’s negligence might cause to others, like other drivers they hit, in at-fault accidents.
- Collision Insurance: This protection can cover the repairs of the insured business vehicle following damage sustained in a wreck or other collision.
- Comprehensive Protection: Vehicle damage might result from non-accident causes. Covered incidents might include fires, weather, theft, vandalism and other hazards that harm the car.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This insurance will cover the medical bills of the insured driver if they get injured in accidents. It will also cover other costs like lost income and death benefits.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Coverage: Another driver might hit a commercial vehicle, but they could lack liability insurance to cover others' costs. This coverage can help the commercial auto policyholder pay for your losses.
- Drivers can also usually buy roadside assistance coverage, rental car coverage and glass insurance, which are available on multiple policies.
All Policies Offer Required Policy Components
Quantum Alliance's policy options offer all car insurance requirements set by Texas law. All drivers, including commercial drivers, must carry at least the following coverage:
- $30,000 bodily injury coverage per injured person
- $60,000 bodily injury coverage total per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability coverage
- PIP Insurance*
* Policies must offer PIP coverage, though applicants have no obligation to buy coverage.
Other Business-Specific Coverage Options
Commercial drivers might also need other types of coverage, depending on their specific operations.
- Inland Marine Insurance can help insure expensive or high-value business property and products shipped via road.
- Motor Truck Cargo Coverage can insure the cargo in the care of a for-hire trucker.
- Workers Compensation Insurance can insure employees injured in the course of work, such as in wrecks.
How Will My Coverage Impact My Rates?
Commercial car insurance doesn't have to be a hassle for the consumer or the agency in charge.
Let Quantum Alliance help you build your commercial auto insurance portfolio, so that you can always offer the most-essential and necessary policies for your target audience. With our help, you can ensure that your clients will always be able to get the most-affordable policy options on the market.
So, if you need new commercial auto insurance, or just want a policy review, give us a call at (855) 935-1233. We're at your service whenever you need us!