Call Us (855) 935-1233
Auto Insurance AUTO

Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident.

Read More
Commercial Auto Insurance COMMERCIAL AUTO

Make sure your work vehicle or fleet is protected as well.

Read More

Discover the perfect insurance options to meet your specific and unique needs.

Read More
Flood Insurance FLOOD

Browse a variety of insurance options in order to find the right one for you.

Read More

Learn about different roadside coverage options that fit your specific needs.

Read More
Mexico Insurance MEXICO COVERAGE

Finding insurance doesn't have to be difficult. We do the work for you.

Read More

Biker On Open Road

Texas has miles of open roads, alongside some of the highest speed limits in America. The Lone Star State is also known for its urban traffic congestion. So, wherever you go, driving risks might increase.

If you are riding your motorcycle, you'll want to take even more precautions. If a problem occurs, the damage could prove costly. Therefore, by carrying motorcycle insurance, you can often create more protection for yourself. What coverage do you need? What is optional?

The insurance market in Texas varies considerably. So, when getting motorcycle insurance, make sure you meet all legal standards. Yet, don't be afraid to expand coverage to your benefit.

The insurance market in Texas varies considerably. So, when getting motorcycle insurance, make sure you meet all legal standards. Yet, don't be afraid to expand coverage to your benefit.

Texas Motorcycle Insurance Laws

Like most states, Texas requires all registered vehicle operators to carry minimum coverage. That's because, by requiring coverage, the state creates a degree of consumer protection for all on the road.

In Texas, bikers must carry liability insurance. This coverage insures the damage you might cause to others if an accident is your fault. Your policy will then help you repay the harmed party. Drivers must carry at least:

  • $30,000 bodily injury coverage per person
  • $60,000 bodily injury coverage per accident
  • $25,000 property damage coverage

However, we recommend that most motorcyclists carry extra liability coverage, simply for security. The more coverage you have, the better your chances of paying a third-party claim with your insurance, rather than with personal funds.

Getting Extra Coverage

You might notice that required liability coverage only pays for third-party damage. What can you do for your own damage that you sustain in a motorcycle accident? There is coverage available. However, you often need to ask your agent to add it to your policy. Consider including:

  • Collision Coverage: This pays for damage to your vehicle following a wreck.
  • Non-Collision Coverage: Sometimes called comprehensive insurance, this coverage pays for damage from hazards such as theft, vandalism or weather.
  • Uninsured/Underinsured Protection: This coverage protects you in the event someone else's liability insurance cannot. For example, if another person doesn't have enough liability insurance for your damage, you can turn to this policy for help.
  • Personal Injury Protection: This coverage can help pay for care for your injuries, and those of your passengers.

Keep in mind, for motorcycles, you need specific motorcycle insurance. A standard automobile insurance policy will not cover you. So, talk to your Quantum Alliance agent about the appropriate way to get covered. Often, you can add several bikes to the same policy, and you can bundle it with other coverage. Therefore, you'll be able to maximize both protection and savings. So, don't hesitate to get covered now.

Contact Us

Posted 10:00 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018

View Mobile Version
© Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder